42 High Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9BL
Upon the instructions ofTrustees
- Prime freehold retail investment
- Let to L'Occitane Ltd until 2024
- Affluent city on the edge of the South Downs National Park
- Nearby occupiers include Café Nero, Specsavers and NatWest
- Current rent £70,000 per annum
Summary: Well located retail investment in the historic city centre
Miles: Southampton 12 miles, Farnham 26 miles, Portsmouth 29 miles
Roads: B3331, B3404, A31, M3 (junction 9)
Air: Southampton, London Heathrow
Nearby Occupiers: Specsavers, Café Nero, Pandora & NatWest
The property comprises a Grade II listed three storey building arranged as ground floor retail, basement storage and ancillary/storage on the first floor and second floors.
The property is situated in the busy pedestrianised position on the south side of High Street within the historic city centre close to the Cathedral.
Winchester City Council (01962 840222) www.winchester.gov.uk
Refer to the legal documentation
Energy Performance Certificate
No EPC required
|Address||Tenant||Floor||Use||Sq M||Sq F||Lease Terms||Rent £ pa||Rent Review|
|42 High Street||L'Occitane Ltd (1)(2)(3)||Basement Ground First Second||Storage Retail Ancillary Storage||25.54 40.13 37.71 45.52||275 432 406 490||10 years from 08/08/2014||£70,000||08/08/2019|
(2) There is a tenant's break option on 08/08/2019. If the tenant serves their break notice a compensation penalty of £17,500 plus VAT will be payable to the Landlord.
(3) There are some external maintenance repairs to the render and redecoration that are required under the terms of the occupational lease that were agreed to be completed by the Landlord before 15/10/2015. The Landlord has had quotes of between £2,000 and £10,000 for the works to be completed. Our client has also acknowledged that the tenant would be entitled to undertake these works and recharge them for the cost thereof. These works remain outstanding and the responsibility for them will pass to the purchaser upon completion. Refer to the legal documentation for further information.
Jeremy Manuel OBE
020 7431 4999
* Guide price
The guide price is an indication of the minimum price at which, or if a guide price range is given, within which, the seller is prepared to sell at the date of publication. The guide price is not an anticipated sale price or valuation. All prices quoted are subject to contract.
* Reserve price
The reserve price is the minimum price acceptable to the seller and the price below which the auctioneer cannot sell.
Both the guide and reserve may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. The guide price does not include either VAT which may apply to the sale or other amounts the seller may charge. The seller’s Special Conditions of Sale and addendum if any, will state whether there are other seller’s charges and whether the seller has elected to charge VAT on the sale price. On the fall of the hammer a buyer’s fee is payable of £990 inclusive of VAT.
Contact us now
Register for updates
- Receive new property notifications
- Register for a catalogue
- Receive market updates
- Receive auction results